The sweltering heat of summer is hardly an inspiration for a bath. However, we do recommend taking a bath even on the hottest of days.
1. Sunburn got you down? It happens to the best of us, even when we apply and re-apply sunscreen throughout the day. While we do not recommend a hot bath, a cool one can definitely ease the pain. We recommend a few tablespoons of Lavender Salt Scrub. Lavender soothes and relaxes the mind, salts help to ease the pain and withdraw toxins, and our sweet almond oil will leave your skin soft and supple.
2. Cool Baths for Kids! Sometimes it is just too hot to go outside with the kids, even to your local pool. I can vouch for this living in North Carolina. So if you cannot go to the pool, bring the pool to you. Grab an outdoor kiddie pool or sprinkler or better yet, put them in a cool bath tub with some toys. Where there is water there will be fun.
3. Soothing Tired Muscles We are always on the go in summer. Whether we are chasing after kids, family vacations, working out, working hard, etc. Sometimes we just need a break and a cool muscle soak can help do the trick. We recommend one of our Soothing Muscle Bath Teas to help ease your aches and pains. Calendula is a healing herb that is great for the skin. We combine Sage, Peppermint, Spearmint, Rosemary and Eucalyptus to provide an uplifting and soothing bath to ease the pain.
Tip: We recommend brewing the tea in hot water for several minutes and then pour it into the cool bath.
4. Pregnant in the Summer? During the high heat of summer, being pregnant is challenging. Lack of sleep, consistently hot/sweaty, never being able to cool down. We recommend taking a cool bath, especially before bed. The cool water will help bring your body temperature down and our Relaxing Bath Tea will help put your mind at ease as well so you can finally get some much needed sleep.
5. Healthy Skin & Hair Who doesn't love a nice hot shower, especially when its cold outside. Unfortunately, hot showers often leave our skin dry and our pores open and susceptible to bacteria which leads to break outs. Taking a cool bath or shower is great for keeping your skin healthy and prevent dryness and rashes. The cool water also helps close and tighten pores which results in healthier looking skin.